Sunday, December 31, 2017

Countdown to Midnight

December 31st, the last day of  the year or New Year's Eve, is a day to reflect on the past year and declare hopes, dreams and expectations of the coming year.  Today is different from all of the other days.  There is a celebratory spirit (if you will) in the air.  It is nation wide and not influenced by religion or race.  It happens at the same time for all of us--Midnight.
 
At midnight the ball drops in New York City, a kiss is shared between loved ones, a champagne toast is given and all is right with the world.  At least this is what media has told us.  This is how we bring in the new year America! 
 
Personally, I have never been to New York and my typical New Year's Eve is spent on the couch trying to stay awake to watch the legendary ball drop when the clock strikes twelve.  I am certain it will be no different tonight.
 
However, this year I want to reflect on all that The Lord has done for me.  I am going to thank Him for the storms He has brought me through and the battles He has fought for me.  I know He has fought them because II Chronicles 32:8 says, "With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles."
 
I will praise Him for the good times and the bad because Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice."
 
"Thus far the Lord has helped us"
I Samuel 7:12
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments: