Friday, May 22, 2015

The Sound of Rushing Waters

What is it that draws me to the ocean? What pulls me to the place where sand meets waters edge? It's not just the beauty of white capped blue waves. It's not just the miles of sand to feel beneath my feet or squish between my toes. It's not the seashells or the sea gulls.


              IT IS THE SOUND.

The melodic sound of the ocean does something for my soul. It soothes and calms and takes away the stresses of life, if only for a moment.
I believe it is The Lord who draws me there. Ezekiel 43:2 says, "and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory ".
In the book of Revelation, John describes the sounds he heard coming from heaven as 'rushing waters' three times: 1:15 "His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of rushing waters"
14:2 "And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder"
19:6 "Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters..".

The sound of rushing waters calls me to the ocean now. It is also the sound that will call me home to heaven.

mamapossum

No comments: